Monday, February 28, 2011

Its been awhile, I know..sorry

Hi readers,
Its been awhile since I have blogged but I have some information I want to share with you!  Since I have started couponing I have saved over $250.00! 
I am very excited about this weeks deal starting Thursday!  Our local grocery store (Strack and Van Til) is offering a GE 5.0 Cubic ft freezer for $150 and $165.00 worth of coupons to fill it up!! How exciting is that?  I am defiantly going for that deal! I should be able to stock up my freezer for awhile and not have to shop for groceries for awhile!  Talk about saving some $$$!
I want to share a couple of trips DH and I made the other night to Wags and Dollar General. The Wags trip was a pleasant one , I wish I could say the same for the Dollar General trip...but I will get to that in a minute. Here is what I got from Wags....
Trans #1
Nice and Easy hair color-5.99 mc-1.00-RR-2.00
Duracell 20 ct batteries- 9.99 RR=3.00 + $10.00 in coupons inside the package
OOP- 20.10 Savings including WAGS savings and coupon- 7.00 Add in RR and coupons inside Duracell package=$15.00

Trans 2
Arm and Hammer detergent(50oz)- 7.29 Wags Q-4.30 MQ-1.00
Spot Shot carpet cleaner- 6.79 Q-1.00/2
Palmolive- 1.00 wags sale
Energizer batteries- 2.99 Q-1.00
Charmin- 2.99 Q-1.00
Advil- 40 ct- 6.99 Q-2.00

Used 8.00 in RR
All my Q's
Total OOP-17.41 With a savings of $ 23.98!

We then decided to got o Dollar General which I have to say, I've couponed there before and never had a problem but this lady this time was a real B****! We bought 22 items and had a Q for everything, so I don't think she was thrilled with that part anyways....but too bad.  Anyway, I had a Q that was about to expire and it was for Olay Body Wash and Get Olay moisturizer for FREE. Well, I didn't realize you couldn't get the age deifying body wash and that is what I picked up. We got to the register, she is ringing us up with an attitude anyways, we got to the body wash and she literally thought the Q at me and said" You can't get this, you need body wash"  I grab the body wash out of the bag and looked at my DH, he looked as puzzled as I was. She finished ringing the order and started giving us the total, I said" This IS body wash." She says" Its the wrong one it states right here on the Q that you can't have that one!"  Ok, So I had my DH grab a different one and he gave that to her (even though it was the same price..go figure)...with a sigh, she looked at the lady next to her and says" Can you take this body wash off, she changed her mind!" Still with an attitude.  So, they got that taken care of, then we get to the face moisturizer, well the Q said no higher than $6.00 for it to be free, I realized that, it rang up $6.50!  She looked at me and said"Well, I guess I'll give it to you even though its only suppose to be 6.00 at the most!"  I looked at her and said" I will pay the FREAKING .50 just finish ringing my order" By this time I'm getting annoyed with her attitude! Finally we got done and left, I told DH that I don't understand why people have to be so rude to couponers. The store gets the money back and its not coming out of the cashiers pocket!  So, when I got home I called the survey on the bottom of the receipt and turned her attitude in. 
Next time I go to Dollar General I will use all BOGO and make sure she is my cashier and make her look up all the prices for the free products, then she would have a reason to be annoyed with me...lol! The best part was, I thought she would have a problem with my Dove Deodorants I had because they were $1.85 each and I had 4 Q for $2.00 off each one. So, she had to adjust those down to $1.85, so I got 4 Dove Deodorants for FREE!  Soo...to sum it all up, with the Q's  I had this is what was FREE:
4 Dove Deodorants
1 Hunts snack pudding

What I got for cheap:
1vPringles for .50
2 Betty Crocker Cake Mix-.85each
Prego Spaghetti sauce-1.00
Olay face Moisturizer-.50 Because she made me pay the .50 the Q wouldn''t cover....:)

oop=22.71 Total Savings- $18.35  not bad for a cashier with an attitude...LOL

As you can see, i am getting better at the whole coupon thing, one thing I have noticed is that once you start couponing its hard to buy something without a coupon. In my case, that is a good thing becasue that way if I don't have a coupon I don't buy it and that saves money right there!  So, for me, its all good!

Thanks for reading and keep couponing!  Its your money, you have the right to keep as much of it as you can!
Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment